Swim with Wild Dolphins…meet the Boat in Rockingham
Your adventure begins with cruising Rockingham’s sheltered bays and islands in search of any of over 200 local dolphins that your crew have come to know as friends. Before long, sleek, silvery grey dorsal fins start breaking the surface of the water within metres of the back of the boat and it’s time to zip your wetsuit up, put your mask and snorkel on and get ready to take the plunge! Our friendly guides will get you seated comfortably, ready to go, on the swim deck. They’ll be joining you in the water to ensure you make the most of your wild dolphin encounter. Once the boat is in the right position, the skipper gives the command that everyone’s been waiting for- Go!
Suddenly, you are surrounded by flashing grey torpedoes and the water is filled with whistles, splashes and laughter — both human and dolphin. They don’t do tricks and we don’t feed them, we simply spend some time enjoying each other’s company … it’s a wild encounter!
We are dedicated to ensuring the best experience for both visitors and dolphins. We ask you to remember that we are working with wild animals. Please approach each encounter with caution and respect and never assume that we have control over the dolphins’ appearance or behaviours. The dolphins’ approval of our friendship is reflected in our better than 99% success rate.
You don’t have to be an expert swimmer to join in and no previous snorkelling experience is necessary. Our professional and friendly crew conducts introductory snorkelling lessons and have an excellent track record of helping nervous or less experienced swimmers through the experience. Just bring a sense of adventure and be ready for an unforgettable, exhilarating encounter!
- 3 to 6 hour cruise on our luxury, custom built boat (toilets and showers onboard)
- Full length wetsuits, mask and snorkel & snorkelling lessons
- Our wild dolphin guarantee! If we don’t swim with dolphins on your cruise, you can come again for free.
- Expert guides riding underwater scooters to get you up close and personal with the dolphins
- Light lunch and refreshments served onboard
- Self serve tea, coffee, hot chocolate & fresh water
- Complimentary photos of your cruise uploaded to Flikr for you to share!