5 Day Kangaroo Island & Eyre Peninsula Explorer – Hotel Accommodated
Day 1 – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island
This all-inclusive adventure commences with a pickup from your Adelaide accommodation and transfer to the airport to catch your early morning flight to Kangaroo Island. Your ‘Exceptional Kangaroo Island’ guide will pick you up from the airport and share information and knowledge on this unique and pristine region.
Explore the diverse landscapes of Kangaroo Island from the Cygnet River Valley on the north coast across the central plateau and down to the rugged South Coast. Walk quietly through the bush with your guide and learn about some of the unique Island flora.
Enjoy a delicious lunch in a private bush setting featuring some of the Island’s fresh produce including local fish, salads and fine wines before continuing to the South Coast. Walk amongst sea lions on a beautiful sandy beach at Seal Bay Conservation Park.
Tonight, you’ll stay at the Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge and enjoy a delicious dinner of local produce. L / D
Day 2 – Kangaroo Island to Port Lincoln
It will be an early start today to explore more of Kangaroo Island’s highlights and lesser known backtracks of Flinders Chase National Park. See a large array of wildlife species such as kangaroos, wallabies, possums, goannas, echidnas, koalas, platypus and many birds including rare Cape Barren Geese. At Cape du Couedic, visit a fur seal colony and see the amazing rock formations of Admirals Arch and The Remarkable Rocks; huge natural granite sculptures that have been carved by relentless winds, rain and salt from the Southern Ocean.
Our picnic lunch today features great local wines and produce before exploring more of the Island. Depending upon the season, the afternoon might include a visit to “Grassdale” in the heart of Kelly Hill Conservation Park, the secluded pools of the Rocky River or a rugged South Coast cove.
As your time on Kangaroo Island comes to an end your guide will drop you at Kingscote airport to get your connection via private charter, sunset flight direct to Port Lincoln. Your guide will pick you up from the Port Lincoln Airport and your accommodation for the evening will be the award-winning Port Lincoln Hotel.
The Eyre Peninsula is known as Australia’s Seafood Frontier and over the next 3 days you will experience fresh local produce from the region! B / L / D
Day 3 – Port Lincoln
Your local guide will pick you up at the Port Lincoln Hotel where he will give you an overview of what exciting activities ahead! Then comes your first ‘taste’ of the Eyre Peninsula, boarding the Electric Boat Tesla Marina cruise. This is followed by a tantalising lunch of a local seafood harvest at an award-winning seafood restaurant.
With a full stomach, we’ll then travel to Whalers Way; the oldest rocks in South Australia offering magnificent views of the rugged and raw coastline. Next it’s off to Mikkira Station, the home of the Eyre Peninsula koalas. After a day of exploring we’ll enjoy dinner at the Port Lincoln Marina. B / L / D
Day 4 – Coffin Bay (Optional Sea lions)
Another early morning to join one of the best interactive wildlife experiences in Australia, swimming with the playful Australian sea lions. This is a half-day cruise to the crystal-clear waters of Seal Cove off Port Lincoln, where the puppy dogs of the sea will welcome your arrival with great excitement! Swim, snorkel, paddle and splash about in the company of these inquisitive animals and, if you’re lucky you might even get a kiss! If you prefer to stay on dry land, we offer an alternative itinerary exploring the best of the lower Eyre Peninsula including some 4WD’ing in the Wanna Sand Dunes.
Following lunch, we’ll hit to road travelling to Coffin Bay to have the unique harvest experience of the Coffin Bay Oyster Tour; the only one of its kind in Australia. Here you will learn about the oyster industry and feast on the fresh pacific oysters you have collected yourself, straight out of the ocean. Then it’s back to Port Lincoln where we’ll be settling in for another scrumptious evening meal and local wines. B / L / D
Day 5 – Lower Eyre Peninsula (Optional Shark Cage Dive) to Adelaide
Today you have two very different itinerary experiences to choose from.
If you are seeking a lifetime experience of cage diving with Great White Sharks, this full day tour is one hell of an adrenaline experience that you will never forget!
If you’d rather do more exploring on land, we will have a full day ahead including visiting the pristine Coffin Bay National Park and having some up close and personal wildlife encounters at Lincoln National Park and Glen Forest Wildlife Park. We’ll also learn about the history and culture of the area visiting a number of local museums and art galleries and then it’s time to relax with some wine and craft-beer tastings at local vineyards and breweries.
As we come to the end of your journey, we’ll enjoy some fresh oysters and local wine on a deserted and pristine beach, taking in the magnificent scenery of the Eyre Peninsula one last time before we drop you back to the airport for your flight back to Adelaide at approximately 7.40 pm. Your transfer back to your Adelaide accommodation will be organised by us and you should arrive back at your accommodation by 9:00 pm. B / L / D
B = Breakfast / L = Lunch / D = Dinner
While everything on this tour is included in the price such as transport, accommodation, food and entry and national park fees, there are two optional experiences not included in the price that you can choose to do.
Swim with Sea Lions – Adventure Bay Charters – $205 per person
(Please note does not operate June-August)
Head out on this half-day cruise to the crystal-clear waters of Seal Cove off Port Lincoln, where the puppy dogs of the sea will welcome your arrival with great excitement! Swim, snorkel, paddle and splash about in the company of these inquisitive animals as they splash, jump, twist and twirl all around you. If you’re lucky you might even get a kiss!
Included in the cost is your mask, snorkel, wetsuit and fins, light breakfast served in departure lounge, morning tea on board & free photos.
Shark Cage Diving with Great Whites – Calypso Star Charters – $395 per person + $100 on board payment
Calypso Star Charters was established in 1990 and have a proud history of providing safe and exciting Advanced Eco Certified Shark Cage Diving. They are also the only one-day Shark Cage Diving operator who is permitted to use natural fish berley (chum) to attract the sharks. The full day charter boards at 6.30 am, taking about 2.5 hours to reach the Neptune Islands. If you choose to enter the cage there is a fee of $100 paid on board to the Skipper. No diver experience is required. All food and equipment are supplied and MV Calypso Star 2 is the only Shark Cage Diving vessel fitted with a Gyroscopic Stabilizer greatly increasing your comfort throughout the day.
When booked direct through us you get a free highlights photo package valued at $30.
Shark Cage Diving with Great Whites – Adventure Bay Charters – $395 per person + $125 on board payment
Alternatively jump on board with Adventure Bay Charters on this full day tour to the Neptune Islands offering people the opportunity to shark cage dive and also offering the world’s first Shark Aqua Sub, a revolutionary new way to view Great White Sharks in their natural habitat whilst staying dry! Watch the sharks from a glass viewing area with 360 degree views underwater.
This company is also Advanced Eco Certified and instead of “chumming”, use rock music to attract the sharks. The tour departs at 6.30am and includes breakfast, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea and returns around 6.30pm.
Please keep in mind:
These optional tours are operated by third party suppliers and therefore the terms and conditions of each of these companies apply. The weather can play an important part in the operation of these tours and occasionally, a tour may be cancelled which is beyond our control. If that is the situation, you will be provided a full refund for the Optional Tours.
The operators of the Shark Cage tours are unable to guarantee shark sightings as they are, after all, wild animals. In the unlikely event that a shark is not seen a return at half price gift voucher is provided to each person.
Upgrade to Private Touring with Xplore Eyre Plus:
This is a once in a lifetime experience so, if you would like to upgrade to a private, luxury tour with your own personal guide, premium accommodation and food, then why not!
On this tour you are able to upgrade to Xplore Eyre Plus by selecting the optional “add on” during the booking process. The Xplore Eyre Plus add on will take your journey to the next level.
Upgrade requires a minimum of 2 guests and includes:
- 5 Star Deluxe Accommodation
- Premium meals including wine, delicious seafood and local harvest produce
- Travel in an executive 4WD
- Swim with Sea Lions included in the package
- The Kangaroo Island part of this package is operated by Exceptional Kangaroo Island Tours
- Adelaide to Kangaroo Island flights are operated by Rex Airlines and depart Adelaide for Kangaroo Island at 8.00am. Rex also operate your return Port Lincoln to Adelaide flight on day five which departs at 5.05pm arriving Adelaide 6.10pm.
- The Kangaroo Island to Port Lincoln charter flight is on a 7 seater aircraft operated by Lincoln Air Charters and takes about one hour, departing late afternoon. Strict luggage restrictions apply of 15kg maximum.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex have a 15 kilogramme luggage restriction per person plus one 7 kilogramme carry on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance please visit their website.
- It is highly recommended that you pre-book the optional activities at time of booking as they are very popular and can’t be booked on the day. We can reserve your place upon booking and you pay the operator locally.
- Any Optional Extra Experiences are outsourced and therefore the terms and conditions of each operators apply
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking.
- Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring is for a minimum of 2 passengers however, in the event a person wants to travel solo they will be given the option to pay the Single Supplement rate.
- Sea Lions don’t run from June to August so there is an alternative itinerary for this day during these months
- Our tours require a minimum of two people to operate and in the unlikely event we only have one person confirmed we have some other options available…
- A Single Supplement fee is offered to run the tour with only one person.
- We reserve the right to cancel the tour and arrange an alternative operator (if possible). If the alternative is not suitable, we will refund your tour price in full. Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour
Flinders Chase National Park – a wilderness covering nearly 200,000 acres.
- Cape du Couedic visit a fur seal colony frolicking in the surf under Admirals Arch
- Seal Bay Conservation Park walk with your guide amongst sea lions on a beautiful sandy beach
- Scenic charter flight from Kangaroo Island to Port Lincoln
- Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood and harvest experiences
- Tesla Electric Boat Marina Cruise around Port Lincoln
- Swim with Australian sea lions on a half day cruise to Seal Cove (OE)
- Coffin Bay Oyster Tour and feast of fresh pacific oysters
- Shark cage Diving with Great Whites (OE)
What is Included:
- Flights – Adelaide to Kangaroo Island and Port Lincoln to Adelaide with Rex. Kangaroo Island to Port Lincoln sunset charter flight with Lincoln Air Charters
- Accommodation – 1 night at Mercure Kangaroo Island Lodge and 3 nights at the Port Lincoln Hotel
- All entry fees, national park fees and activities unless stated as an optional extra experience
- All Meals
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge