3 Day Margaret River & South Western Australia Getaway – Hostel Accommodated
Day 1 – Perth to Dunsborough
Our Margaret River adventure begins as we travel south from Perth with our first stop at the popular tourist town of Busselton, where it’s hard to miss the 19th-century Jetty stretching 1.8 kilometres into Geographe Bay. Here we’ll have a coffee on the waterfront and chat about what exciting things are to come.
Next we’ll head to Margaret River to enjoy a leisurely canoe along the pristine and calm Margaret River. We’ll have some lunch then it’s time tantalise those taste-buds as we spend the afternoon tasting some of the world best wine and produce at a chocolate factory, cheese factory and of course some wineries and boutique breweries.
We’ll be having dinner and spending the night in popular tourist hot-spot Dunsborough, loved for its sparkling calm clear water, white sandy beaches and great evening vibes. Drive time today is about 4 hours with lots of stops along the way and lunch and dinner are included. L / D
Day 2 – Dunsborough to Walpole
Today you’ll meet Wardandi custodian Josh, who will introduce you to the world’s oldest living culture with his authentic and personal interpretation. Go deep down into the Ngilgi Cave for a memorable didgeridoo cave experience, taste native foods, discover bush medicine and experience traditional fire lighting on this unique indigenous cultural experience.
Swing by the township of Margaret River, where you’ll have a quick look at the eclectic mix of shops and galleries. We’ll stop at Hamlin Bay for lunch before climbing the 50 metre Diamond Tree, a native karri tree once used as a fire lookout and only 1 of 3 wooden top towers in the world. Onward to beautiful Walpole where we’ll be having dinner and spending the night. About 4 hours of drive time to cover today. B / L / D
Day 3 – Walpole, Albany to Perth
This morning we’ll explore the stunning beauty of the Walpole region and bushwalk through a giant forest of towering Red Tingle trees, many of which are over 400 years old. From the forest to the ocean as next its onto William Bay National Park where you will amazed by the paradise that is Greens Pool. A magical beach completely sheltered it’s the perfect place to have a swim before cruising along a beautiful glorious stretch of coastline to Albany. See how years of erosion have crafted incredible rock sculptures and granite bluffs – the Natural Bridge and The Gap are two of our favourites.
We’ll have some lunch in the historical township of Albany before hitting the road back to Perth. Around 6 hours of drive time today but its all of stunningly diverse scenery.
As our 3-day adventure tour comes to an end we’ll roll into Perth around 6.30 pm and, although there are no formal activities planned it is usual for the group to get together and reflect on the journey together over a few drinks and a meal (at own expense) at Grand Lane Fish House in Perth City Centre. B / L
B = Breakfast / L = Lunch / D = Dinner
- This trip starts in Perth at 7:00 am and finishes on day 6 approximately 6.30 pm.
- Accommodation is in shared dormitories with the option to upgrade to a private room, subject to availability. Upgrade fee is $230 for a Single Room or $115 per person for Twin share accommodation.
- There is limited phone reception.
- Taste your way around Margaret River
- Explore the ancient forests of the Walpole Southern Forests region
- Swim in pristine Greens Pool at William Bay National Park
- Engage in indigenous culture at Koomal Dreaming
- Scenic canoe trip along the pristine Margaret River
- Coastal rock formations of Albany and Torndirrup National Park
- All National Park and entry fees
- All activities
- Meals – 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 2 dinners
- Accommodation – 2 nights dorm accommodation (option to upgrade to private $230 per 1-2 pax Single or Twin Share)
- Transport – Air-conditioned Minibus (max 20 people)
- Expert local guide