A guest post by writer, Daniel Clark
Deciding to go camping is a good decision, but it does require a decent level of preparation. The thought of camping paints a pretty picture like that of a tent, setting up a fire, cooking a meal by the fire, etc. It is essential to prepare with a list of camping gear that you will be needing on your camping trip. The only way to convert your dreams into reality is to do some essential research while preparing for the trip and ensuring you carry all the vital camping gears. This article goes on to provide detailed information on the type of camping gear one might require for a camping trip. It is a must-read for those looking for tents for sale in Brisbane.
Essential Camping Gear to Pack
- Tents: A tent is an essential camping gear for any camping trip. It is vital to have a tent for several types of outdoor trips like a camping trip or a backpacking trip. The type of trip you are planning will dictate the type of tent you may require. The season also has a great deal to do with the type of tent; since you might require a more sturdy tent during winter and harsh weather conditions. Some of the popular types of tents include a convertible tend, freestanding tent, single-wall tent, double-wall tent, backpacking tent, etc.
- Travel pillow: A travel pillow is a must for any camping trip, in fact, it is one of the staple items to pack when designing your camping gear collection. It is best to invest in a special compressible camping pillow since it would be a big space saver as well. This type of pillow is also water-resistant, easy to roll up. It is also easy to inflate this type of pillow.
- Sleeping bag: Going camping usually includes a wide range of activities like a beach walk, night & day trek. It might also include a big climb. All these activities mean it is also necessary to have a good night’s sleep. Investing in a sleeping bag is a good idea to ensure you get one. The added advantage of using a sleeping bag is that it is easy to feel cosy no matter what the temperature is outside. It offers good protection in all types of weather conditions. It also makes for a good cushion if you choose not to use it on a warm day.
- Solar Camping lights: It is a good idea to make use of solar power while on a camping trip. It is possible to use solar power for your lighting requirements. Camping out provides plenty of opportunities to charge your solar devices like a solar lamp and other solar devices.
- Power Inverter: A power inverter is a handy tool to pack even if you plan to enjoy a good relaxing time. It is highly likely that you will be travelling with your smartphone. Those who love photography are also likely to take their camera along with them not to mention a drone and other electronic devices like a laptop. All these devices need to be fully charged to be of any use, investing in a power inverter will ensure you always have a method to charge your devices.
- Folding chairs: There is nothing like a good chair to relax in at the end of a highly active day. Investing in a good chair to relax in is highly beneficial It can also come in handy to sit around the fire at night. Packing your favourite magazine, a book and a map too.
- Portable Gas Burner BBQ: A portable BBQ is the best way to enjoy your food while camping like a pizza or any other favourite food. There are many types of portable BBQs available and it makes for a handy camping accessory.
- Portable cooler fridge: A portable fridge is valuable on any type of trip; however, it is even more beneficial to invest in one while on a camping trip.